In this walk-through we will demonstrate the basic steps used to install NextCloud on Azure.
This walk-through will include:
1) Create the Virtual Machine running Ubuntu
2) Install snap & NextCloud via snap on the Virtual Machine.
3) Configure Static IP with DNS / FQDN.
4) Configure Firewall rules.
5) Configure HTTPS with lets Encrypt
6) Test the the NextCloud instance is accessible.
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install snap
- sudo snap install nextcloud
- sudo nextcloud.enable-https lets-encrypt
Keep in mind this is only a basic install and will need to be secured using best security practices etc. If enough demand, we might do a future walk through on how to secure your public facing systems.