During this walk-through we will demonstrate how in download and install QRadar CE 7.3.3. via the OVA file provided by IBM. QRadar CE is a fully-featured free version of QRadar that includes a limited 50 events per second (EPS) & 5000 network flows a minute (FPS) perpetual license. It is the perfect solution to start learning QRadar or use it to monitor your home network.
*Q1 LABS, QRADAR and the ‘Q’ Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of IBM Corp. Trademarks and related content are owned by their respective companies / owners.
QRadar 733 Steps
1. Download the OVA from – https://developer.ibm.com/qradar/ce/
2. Double click on the OVA file you just downloaded to kick of the import to VirtualBox.
3. Initial login. User = root. / Password = password
4. When prompted enter your chosen password and confirm for the password change.
5. Type in ./setup.sh to kick off the install.
6. Accept the terms by pressing Enter.
7. Enter password of your choice for the web interface.
8. Open a compatible web browser and input the IP of your QRadar CE Server, In our example – “https://192.168.68.141”