In this walk-through we will take you through the steps to Install IPFire on a Raspberry Pi.
pdf – IPFire on a Raspberry Pi or follow below.
- Raspberry Pi 3
- 32 GB SD Card
- USB-to-LAN adapter
- USB Keyboard
- Monitor with HDMI
- Win / Mac / Linux computer to download and flash the SD Card
- Download the arm image from https://www.ipfire.org/
- Extract the image from the file you have downloaded.
- Flash your SD Card with the IPFire image you extracted using Etcher. (Or your preferred tool)
- If you plan on using the HDMI output and USB Keyboard. You need to edit the uENV.txt file on the flashed SD Card and change it as shown below:
- Remove the SD Card from your computer and insert it into the Raspberry Pi.
- Connect all the components to the Raspberry Pi and power it on
- Follow the usual IPFire installation / configuration steps.
- Configure the IPFire you installed as you need.