uniCenta oPOS is a Powerful commercial-grade open source Point of Sale system.
In this walk-through we will show you the steps to install a fully functional enterprise grade Point of Sale system. We personally have installed this system and its in use daily.
Pdf – UniCenta oPOS Install or follow below.
Once you have downloaded the software with the provided links. Install the software. During the walkthrough it was done in the following order.
Note: It is required to install “Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable x64” before starting the “ MySQL 5.7” install. The version of MySQL is important.
- Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable x64
- MySQL 5.7 (Server)
- Extracted unicentaopos-4.3.2_no_installer.zip
- One you have install the MySQL server and created a user, Open the MySQL command line utility and create the database “ unicentaopos”
- Extract the unicentaopos-4.3.2_no_installer.zip and run the “start.bat” file.
- Select the tab database and enter the detail of the database, username and password you created during the MySQL install.
- run “start.bat” this time it should prompt you to create the database as none is detected. Select yes.